Read this Blog in Any Language - Refresh for English

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My 3 Oaths

I have taken 3 Oaths and it helps me in keep going:

Scout Oath

On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God[1] and my country,
To help other people at all times,
And to obey the Scout/Guide Law.

The Scout/Guide Law has the following main points included in the 3rd Scout Oath:

Scout Law

1. A Scout/Guide is trustworthy

2. A Scout/Guide is loyal

3. A Scout/Guide is a friend to all and a brother/sister to every other Scout/Guide.

4. A Scout/Guide is courteous

5. A Scout/Guide is a friend to animals and loves nature.

6. A Scout/Guide is disciplined and helps protect public property.

7. A Scout/Guide is courageous.

8. A Scout/Guide is thrifty.

9. A Scout/Guide is pure in thought, word and deed.

This movement serving worldwide has a mission:

"The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society."

[1] - The word "Dharma" may be substituted for the word "God" if so desired.

(http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/The_Bharat_Scouts_and... )

The Main Website in India: http://www.bsgindia.org/

P.S.: Like all other scout and guide masters around the world, I have taken these 3 oaths at the end of the scouting camp (5th of August - 14th of August) on 14th of August, 1996, while obtained the Certificate of Basic Scout Master at the Tara Devi Camp, the hilly station near Shimla in Himachal Pardesh. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment