Read this Blog in Any Language - Refresh for English

Custom Search

Friday, June 11, 2010

My 3 Oaths and Letters of Appreciation from Australia and District Education Officer Patiala



I have taken 3 Oaths and it helps me in keep going:

Scout Oath

On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God[1] and my country,
To help other people at all times,
And to obey the Scout/Guide Law.

The Scout/Guide Law has the following main points included in the 3rd Scout Oath:

Scout Law

1. A Scout/Guide is trustworthy

2. A Scout/Guide is loyal

3. A Scout/Guide is a friend to all and a brother/sister to every other Scout/Guide.

4. A Scout/Guide is courteous

5. A Scout/Guide is a friend to animals and loves nature.

6. A Scout/Guide is disciplined and helps protect public property.

7. A Scout/Guide is courageous.

8. A Scout/Guide is thrifty.

9. A Scout/Guide is pure in thought, word and deed.


This movement serving worldwide has a mission:

"The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society."

[1] - The word "Dharma" may be substituted for the word "God" if so desired.

(http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/The_Bharat_Scouts_and... )

The Main Website in India: http://www.bsgindia.org/

Like all other scout and guide masters around the world, I have taken these 3 oaths on 14th of August, 1996, while obtained the Certificate of Basic Scout Master at the Tara Devi Camp, the hilly station near Shimla in Himachal Pardesh.

I received a Letter of Appreciation from District Education Officer as shown above.

The other letter is from my principal, Mr. I. B. Muirden where I studied 10+2 (Year 11 and 12) at Adelaide, South Australia. There was an Indian scout master.




Many of my readers and some friends think that I write bit roughly about western countries and in some cases about the Australia. It is totally false and wrong assumption. Why?

Reason: We know the people in the west never interfere with life of others, but some, a very few people have started to play tactics for changing public opinions in the west, and thus people in the advanced or the developed countries have started to give opinions, which they have never done in the human history before, and still avoid to do so when we discuss with them seeking any personal opinion.

It is dignity and standard of living in the civilized cultures, which need attention not just in the developed countries, but also in the developing countries. My point is not at all about any western country, but the ones, who create and thus influence the opinions. In my more than 24 months studies in Australia, I did not meet even a single person, who would ever give any opinion. What media says is not public opinion.

We the people in the east and west love one another, but the opinions promote business and marketing, and thus as I said it what I write or say has nothing to do with the nation or its public, but a very few people. I hope it clarifies my point.

Thanks for your reading it. 

Written and contributed by Dr. Harmander Singh

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is something to be proud of. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally for your comment! You are a noble person.

    ReplyDelete